Friday, August 6, 2010

Realizing all you have accomplished!

It is the end of a crazy week and I feel empowered at what we have accomplished and done in such a short time. I had several amazing client meetings today that I really needed to round this week out and even placed one family on a subsidized housing wait-list that was one 10 people long with 12 units opening up in a month. For those of you that have never dealt with subsidized housing before, this is a huge win (wait-lists are typically in the 2-3 year range and are several hundred people deep). I really needed that.

To sum up my week I'm just going to post an e-mail I sent to our Summer Fellows and Interns:
"I know it was a busy week, but we made it through. We are so appreciative of all the hard work put in this week!

I just pulled the CORI Report for this week and with an hour left to go in Friday; we assisted 82 unique clients this week in some form or another, applied for about 40 jobs, worked on 16 resumes, made 75 calls helping clients find housing, refereed to 11 housing programs, got two clients on housing wait lists along with countless other services and hours of support! With only 7 of us in the office during the week those are extremely impressive numbers and a huge impact to be making in the community! The number of thank yous and smiling clients I have seen leaving the office after working with each you really shows how all the hard work is making a difference." 

It has been a crazy week to say the least and I predict many more to come in the future, but taking the time to look back and reflect on what has been accomplished is often all you need to move forward. Service is definitely challenging work, but in the long run the rewards pay off in huge dividends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment