Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Finding time to take a breath

I have to admit, finding time to take a breath has proved to be a difficult task to accomplish these last two weeks and this has caused a delay in me posting anything at all, something I promised myself would not happen when I started this. Getting ready for training institute, traveling to training for a week, having friends visit, visiting friends, moving, figuring out my job...I guess it all has kept me a lot busier than I realized and yet I feel refreshed, recharged and ready to go. So it was a good type of busy, the kind I intentionally create for myself to stay sane.

LIFT training institute was just what I needed in this AmeriCorp journey. The chance to connect with the other Site Coordinators and know that there are people out there going through the exact same journey, who are just as lost as me some days and willing to help each other out along the way. I was inspired as I watched my LIFT network grow and come to realize I can do this and I can make a difference, not matter how small it may be some days, weeks or months. I felt a renewed sense of responsibility from the national organization and overall think it is kind of awesome that I can be an innovative force in the fight against poverty. Hence, coming into this week, I feel a little bit better about everything, though I will admit still very overwhelmed.

That's a quick update for now. More to come later today/early tomorrow as I take a few moments to myself to breathe.

1 comment:

  1. reading this makes me proud and happy for you but sad at the same time. I think you know why.

    ReplyDelete